The Old Vet Tower. Massey University

 There are those shots where you can play with the composition, experiment with shutter speed, get it right! Then there are those times when it happens in front of you. no planning and you barely have time to get the shot. That was today!

I was on my way to a meeting, when I heard the sound of crunching concrete, of falling debris, of a powerful diesel engine. I looked at my watch, I had maybe 5 minutes to find a composition (not easy in this overgrown area) and capture the image. The exposure was 3 and a half minutes.... so I just had to get on with it.

I like the image, and it is in some ways its an historic image at least for me. This building has been part of the Massey landscape for many decades. It is going to be missed.


  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creative Advantages Using Denoise in Adobe Lightroom

Exploring New Tools - Magic Lantern

Virginia Lake - Whanganui